Villa du Repos
First name of person making the request
Position : Recreation Manager
Last name of person making the request
125 Murhpy Ave
Volunteer Position Title
Volunteer Friendly help
Description of volunteer work
At Villa Du Repos we are actively looking for available people who would like to join our list of volunteers to support and accompany our residents during various activities at the home.
Many family members are very present in the lives of our residents, but some of them don’t get the chance to visit much. They can sometimes feel lonely. That’s why in the past, a number of people have been happy to volunteer their time to help the home’s existing recreation team.
Here are just a few examples of volunteer opportunities at Villa du Repos:
– Assist with transporting non-ambulant residents to large group activities (Bingo, music and mass)
– Individual visits/activities with interested residents (Depending on individual interest-ex: playing cards, reading, manicures, talking/listening, walking outside/inside)
– Feeding residents at meals (training offered)
– Special activities
– Pet Therapy (visiting with a pet)
– Do you have a talent to share with our residents? Are you a musician, photographer, craftsman, etc….
– Accompanying residents to medical appointments
-Have a positive and professional attitude towards the residents, staff and families
-Have a good understanding of the importance of confidentiality
-Be reliable and able to listen
-Be able to follow the rules and regulations of the home
-Be calm and reassuring
-Most importantly, SMILE 🙂
To become a volunteer, you will need to:
1- fill out two documents (volunteer application and interest questionnaire)
2- You will also be asked to bring a letter (we will provide you that letter) for the criminal check (this is free for volunteers)
3-The third document is to receive your consent for us to do a social development check (this must be completed, signed and dated) We will take care of sending this document on your behalf.
Once all documents have been completed, we will schedule a volunteer orientation and then you are officially a volunteer!
Not adequate for youth (13‐17)?
Ideal for Adults
Language : Both are an asset
Leader (person in charge)
Fully accessible workplace
Radio Field (Duration)