Canadian National Institute for the Blind | Institut national canadien pour les aveugles
The Vision Mate program matches volunteers with clients who are blind or partially sighted to help them be more independent in their homes/communities. We only ask for 2 hours/week of your time that suits your schedule, to provide one-one-one assistance and companionship for a local individual.
- Currently, we have several clients awaiting a Vision Mate match:
- Michel, 50s: He is looking for a volunteer to engage in friendly visiting and activities such as watching movies, going for walks, learning on the computer, or playing games.
- John, 60s: He would like a volunteer who would be willing to accompany him to some evening trade shows or auctions. He is also interested in computers, and he has a small dog.
- Garnet, 80s: He is looking for a trustworthy person who would help with reading mail and accompany him to the bank or grocery store. He is willing to pay transit fees for a volunteer. He also loves to play cribbage, enjoys mysteries, and keeps up-to-date on the world of sports.
- Florence, 80s: She is seeking a volunteer who would enjoy going out for walks or social outings. A former political advisor, she enjoys a spirited discussion, interesting books, and other mind-stimulating activities. She is fluently bilingual.
Skills and requirements
Vision Mate volunteers must complete an application process that involves background checks, role specific training, and a personal interview.
Is there a minimum age? : 0
Ideal for :
Start and end date : 2016-05-09 / 0000-00-00
Time commitment :
Time details : 2 hours per week
LOCATION AND ACCESSIBILITY :
DESCRIPTION EN FRANÇAIS
Habiletés et exigences
Y a-t-il un age obligatoire? 0
Idéal pour :
Date de début et de fin : 2016-05-09 / 0000-00-00
Disponibilité obligatoire :
LIEU DU TRAVAIL ET ACCESSIBILITÉ :
LEADER : Kristy Tapper
REQUEST MADE BY | DEMANDE FAITE PAR :
Kristy Tapper : Director of Volunteer Services |
22 Church Street Moncton, NB E1C 0P7
ATTENTION: Copy the following information and paste it in the first field of the APPLICATION FORM.
ATTENTION : Copiez l’information suivante et collez la dans le premier champ du FORMULAIRE D’APPLICATION.