|Shelter Movers Greater Moncton|
|135 Kendra Street|
|First name of person making the request|
|Volunteer Services Manager|
|Last name of person making the request|
|Volunteer Position Title|
|Select Field (typework)|
|Qty of volunteers needed|
|Description of volunteer work|
|The Move Coordinator is an integral part of the Operations team, planning and coordinating all details of the move as well as providing on-call support on the day of a move. This role is completely remote. The Move Coordinator corresponds with the client (typically over the phone), ensures volunteer teams are prepared, and that move goes smoothly, including responding to and problem-solving unforeseen challenges on the day of the move.|
|The Ideal Move Coordinator will have:|
– Access to wi-fi, email and phone
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Comfort talking on the phone with clients and volunteers
– Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– Ability to remain calm during potentially stressful situations
– Patience, empathy, and active listening skills
– Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and reliable work habits
– Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
– Ability to maintain confidentiality and be trauma-informed
– Demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of Shelter Movers’ policies and procedures.
– A passion for Shelter Movers’ mission of supporting women and children fleeing violence and abuse.
– Awareness of appropriate boundaries, compassion fatigue, and self-care.
|– Reach out to the client over the phone within 24 hours of being assigned the move to confirm all details, explain next steps and address any questions/concerns from the client|
– Communicate with the Move Coordination Supervisor(s) to recruit an appropriate team of volunteers
– Coordinate move logistics, including (but not limited to) vehicle reservations, storage arrangements, and scheduling of private security or police
– Create a customized itinerary for the move (using a provided template)
– Be “on call” (reachable by phone) throughout the duration of the move to support the Lead Mover with any unexpected challenges.
– Report back to the Move Coordination Supervisor(s) after each move to debrief
– Use patience, empathy, and active listening skills in all interactions with clients and volunteers
– Have regular check-ins with your Move Coordination Supervisor(s)
|Is this position adequate for youth (13‐17)?|
|Both are an asset|
|Leader (person in charge)|
|Volunteer Services Manager/Operations Manager|
|Commitment (Determines when a volunteer needs to be available for this opportunity)|
|The expectation is to coordinate a minimum of 1 move per month.|
|Time detail (This field is free text and may contain minimum hours/week or specific hours if applicable)|
|Approximately 3-4 hours of planning and 4-5 hours of ‘on-call’ availability per move. The|
|– You’ll receive training in preparation for your role, and have access to ongoing training opportunities.|