Respite Care Services for Children with Special Needs Program
Are you ready to make a profound difference in the lives of families and children in Southeastern New Brunswick? The Volunteer Centre of Southeastern New Brunswick Inc. is looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as the Program Director for our Respite Care Services for Children with Special Needs program. This opportunity is more than just a job; it’s a chance to be part of a transformative journey, where your dedication and bilingual skills will shine as you lead a team of compassionate volunteers in supporting families who need it the most.
As the Program Director, you will have the privilege of shaping the future of our community by connecting these families with caring volunteers who will provide much-needed respite care. You’ll witness firsthand the positive impact your work can have on families facing special needs, fostering a sense of belonging, understanding, and support. Your self-motivation and dedication will be the driving force behind this initiative, and your leadership will inspire others to join this noble cause.
This is not just a job; it’s an opportunity to be a beacon of hope and support for families in need. If you are passionate about making a meaningful difference, thrive in a bilingual environment, and are driven by the desire to build a stronger and more compassionate community, we encourage you to apply for this rewarding role. Together, we can create a brighter future for children with special needs and their families in Southeastern New Brunswick. Join us on this remarkable journey today!
In addition to the rewarding nature of the role itself, we also offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Hourly Salary: You’ll earn $26.00 per hour for 30 hours per week.
- Travel Reimbursement: We reimburse your travel expenses at $0.50 per kilometer.
- Health Coverage: You’ll have access to medical and dental benefits.
- Work-Life Balance: Enjoy vacation time, discretionary days, and flexibility in your work schedule.
- Holiday Leave: You’ll get paid time off during the Christmas holiday season
- Oversee and manage the Respite Care Services program for children with special needs, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services to families.
- Recruit, train, and match community volunteers with appropriate children (ages birth to 18) based on their unique needs and circumstances.
- Collaborate with the families, volunteers, and relevant stakeholders to ensure effective coordination and support.
- Provide guidance and support to volunteers, monitoring their progress, and addressing any concerns or challenges that may arise.
- Maintain accurate program records, including volunteer and participant information, and prepare reports as required.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Centre team and community partners to enhance program effectiveness and promote awareness.
- Must be bilingual (French and English)
- Minimum 2 years program in the fields of family support, early education, family studies, etc.
- Education and practical experience in any of the field of Social Science as mentioned, a focus on children with cognitive disabilities would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in administration management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with volunteers, families, and stakeholders.
- Own transportation (vehicle) is necessary.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (30 hours per week) and adapt to the needs of the program.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Your home can be your primary office or we have office space available for use by all of our team located in downtown Moncton.
- To learn more about the Volunteer Centre of Southeastern New Brunswick Inc. and the Respite Care Services for Children with Special Needs program, visit our website at www.volunteergreatermoncton.com.
- Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions will be confirmed upon receipt.
- Only selected candidates will be notified for further consideration.
- Please refrain from phone inquiries.
- Closing date for applications: November 26, 2023.
Join our team and play a pivotal role in making a positive impact on the lives of children with special needs and their families. Help us build a stronger, more supportive community through volunteerism and compassion. Apply today!