New Brunswick Association for Community Living | Association pour l’intégration communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) in Moncton, NB is currently accepting applications for one volunteer opportunity with a young independent woman and another volunteer opportunity with an independent man we support in the Social Inclusion program. The role of a volunteer is to act as a social mentor; the individual will be responsible to participate, with the individual, in recreational activities, volunteer opportunities, social activities or events and other aspects that ensure the individual’s full participation in the community; by building new relationships and friendships in the community.
Skills and requirements
• Experience volunteering or supporting individuals with an intellectual disability or other vulnerable person is considered a strong asset (not a requirement);
• Be reliable, punctual & friendly;
• Respect for individual integrity;
• Be inclusive-minded;
• Having a vehicle is considered a strong asset (not a requirement).
• Must strongly support the values of inclusion, equality, community participation, respect, empowerment, independence, independent living, etc.;
• Must have a clear criminal & vulnerable record check (free/must be willing to obtain);
• Must have a clear Social Development check (free/must be willing to obtain);
Is there a minimum age? : 0
Ideal for :Anyone
Duration : ongoing
Start and end date : 0000-00-00 / 0000-00-00
Time commitment :
Time details : This volunteer opportunity is recommended to start on bi-weekly basis. The volunteer and the individual may decide to continue on a weekly basis or a bi-weekly basis. The hours and times together can be very flexible and may vary depending on the availability of the supported individual and the volunteer; such as days, evenings and some weekends (you both will be making the decision together). We recommend the volunteer spend a minimum of a
LOCATION AND ACCESSIBILITY : Moncton, NB Fully Accessible Workplace
DESCRIPTION EN FRANÇAIS
Habiletés et exigences
Y a-t-il un age obligatoire? 0
Idéal pour :
Date de début et de fin : 0000-00-00 / 0000-00-00
Disponibilité obligatoire :
LIEU DU TRAVAIL ET ACCESSIBILITÉ :
LEADER : Shawn Austin
REQUEST MADE BY | DEMANDE FAITE PAR :
Alecia Thomas : Director of Human Resources |
77 Vaughan Harvey Blvd., Main Floor Moncton, NB E1C 5N2
ATTENTION: Copy the following information and paste it in the first field of the APPLICATION FORM.
ATTENTION : Copiez l’information suivante et collez la dans le premier champ du FORMULAIRE D’APPLICATION.